1. Condensation On The Windows
When a room is too humid, condensation may start to build up on the windows. It may just look like fog, but when the environment is extremely humid you may actually see streaks or water droplets.
2. House Smells Musty
A musty smell is a tell-tale sign that mold and mildew are present. Excessive humidity in a home can cause mold to grow, which can lead to the musty smell. Lack of proper ventilation could also lead to mold and mildew.
3. Mold On The Ceiling
If you see mold in your home, it's generally a sign of excess humidity and it's time to get a dehumidifier. Bathrooms can't air out steam and excess humidity, making them prime areas for mold to grow. It can grow on walls, ceilings or around toilets and showers. Even small mold patches can be a problem, as they can quickly spread.
4. Water Stains Around The House
Water stains on the ceilings, walls, floors and other surfaces are a red flag for excess moisture in your home. When you see water stains, it's best to investigate what's causing the stain, as it could be a leaky pipe or a ventilation issue.
5. You're Experiencing Allergies
If you find yourself sneezing and coughing a lot, it could be the result of too much bacteria and mold growing because your home's air is too moist. A dehumidifier can help eliminate toxins in the air and keep mold spores from growing.
Your HVAC system can control the amount of humidity in your home, but sometimes it needs a little help. Luckily, adding a dehumidifier in your home can help keep you comfortable. If your home has high humidity levels, call the best heating and cooling company at the Lake of the Ozarks. Royal Heating & Air can help you determine if your home can benefit from a dehumidifier. To schedule an appointment, call 573-480-4313 today!