Homeowners rely on their HVAC systems through the different seasons to keep them comfortable. HVAC stands for heating, ventilating and air conditioning. These systems both heats and cools, making the indoor environment comfortable. There are four primary types of HVAC systems including the split system, hybrid heat split system, duct-free split system and packaged system. All systems come in different sizes and specification to meet your needs. In this blog, your Lake of the Ozarks heating and cooling company shares with you all the different HVAC systems to see which one fits your needs.
The split system is the most common type of HVAC system. This type has components of the whole system both inside and outside the building. It usually includes:
- AC that cools the refrigerant.
- Furnace and a fan or evaporator coil to convert the refrigerant and circulate the air.
- Ducts that carry air all through the building.
- Control panel or thermostat to manage the system.
- This system could have optional accessories to increase the quality of indoor air like air cleaners, purifiers, humidifiers, UV lamps and more.
Hybrid Heat Split System
This system is an advanced version of the traditional HVAC split system that improves energy efficiency. The addition of a heat pump allows the option of electricity-fueled heating and air conditioning. They also typically include:
- Furnaces and evaporator coil for conversion of the refrigerant and circulation of air.
- Ducts to channel the air around the building.
- Interface for adjusting and controlling the system.
- Just like with the traditional system, this unit could also come with accessories for more quality indoor air.
Duct-Free Split System
This unit is ideal for places where conventional ducted systems cannot be installed. They can also be a great compliment to an existing ducted system. They will typically include:
- Heat pump or AC to heat and cool the refrigerant.
- A compact fan coil.
- Wires and tubing for the refrigerant, connecting the outdoor unit to the fan coil.
- A thermostat or control panel to manage the system.
- Optional accessories for improved air quality.
This system is for those places that do not have the space for the multiple components of the split systems. From one-roomed units to entire homes, this has everything needed to cool or heat any space. They typically include:
- The AC/heat pump combined with evaporator/fan coil
- Thermostat/control interface for control for the system
- Optional indoor air quality accessories
Cool Your Home with Royal Heating & Air
Once you know what all the different types of HVAC systems include, it will be easier to figure out what will work best for your Lake of the Ozarks heating and cooling needs. Royal Heating & Air services all makes and models of HVAC systems and is a dealer for Bryant heating and cooling systems. Give us a call at 573-480-4313 for your free estimate.